The automotive lighting system is a mass system made up of various intrinsic components. Inside of it, some parts function with the help of a mini-LED backlight and OLED. And the battle between mini-LED Vs. OLED has left perplexed and overwhelmed people. If you are trying to level up the automotive lighting system for your vehicle, fret not. This carefully articulated article is here for your rescue.
Mini-LED Vs. OLED: Components of Automotive Lighting System
There are three important parts that function with the help of mini-LED backlight and OLED are as follows:
- Instrument Panel Light: The instrument panel light alerts you about any incoming possibility of a mechanical issue and consists of multiple warning lights that tell the driver about the car’s status.
- Center Control Light: The center control light is another lighting system mounted on the car’s dashboard that aids in the smooth operation of the vehicle. It also helps control the traction of the vehicle, protecting it from spinning in an uncontrolled manner.
- Transparent Screen Light: The transparent screen light on your vehicle helps in the projection of light. The light emitted through this transparent screen assists in the formation of emissive images.
Features of Mini-LED Backlight
Before discussing more on the topic of mini-LED Vs. OLED, let us have a glance at some of the important features of a mini-LED backlight.
Mini-LED backlight application has made its way into the development of automotive displays. The LEDs found behind the LCD panels create bright images. The integration of Mini-LED into the automotive display system, replacing the traditional alternatives, has helped create a better interface for the system.
Features of OLED
OLED makes for a vital part of an automotive lighting system. Here are some of its important characteristics:
- OLED, or organic light-emitting diode, as the name suggests, is an organic light source. Images created on an OLED display are saturated and have vivid colors along with a wide viewing angle.
- Since OLEDs consume less energy, they have managed to make their way in the dashboard displays of the cars for navigation, media display, and more.
- Vehicles with digital rearview mirrors are constructed on the principle and application of OLEDs, supporting conclave and convex bending. Displays backed with OLEDs can be easily dimmed, and since OLEDs are incredibly flexible in their application, they can be individually controlled.
Mini-LED Vs. OLED: What are the Differences?
The topic of Mini-LED backlight Vs. OLED has long been a topic of debate. Both of these technologies hold a special and incredibly crucial position in an automotive lighting system. Let us look at how both of them differ from each other:
|Provides less black level and color contrast.
|Provides a more distinctive color contrast and black level.
|Emits stable images.
|Emits comparatively less stable and unbalanced images.
|Do not suffer from luminance delay.
|Suffers from luminance delay.
|Considering its inorganic nature, the images produced are brighter.
|Since it is organic in nature, the images produced are dull in comparison to Mini-LED.
|The size of the light-emitting diodes is smaller.
|The size of the light-emitting diodes is larger.
|Allows more granular control over the images.
|Allows less granular control over the images.
Mini-LED Vs. OLED: Advantages of Mini-LED Backlight Over OLED
As aforementioned, it can be concluded that the Mini-LED backlight conquers in terms of the advantages it has to offer when talking about mini-LED display Vs. O
LED. Besides the benefits contrasted above, the local dimming technology adapted by vehicles can be controlled better through Mini-LED. The LED lighting system in automobiles is there to balance the liner lighting application from the cars. The mini-LED light strips are very flexible in terms of functionality. And, while talking about mini-LED Vs. OLED, the latter is more prone to burn-in.
Do you have any questions? Just ask!
Natalia Kleist, Product Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org, +48 58 554 08 39